Changing motor oil depends on many factors. FRVelion experts say that your oil change schedule is heavily affected by the severity of usage. The car generally used for the business like the material transport of the passenger services need a more frequent oil change as compared to the car used n domestic purpose. Also, we have generally heard that the time between the 2 oil changes depends on the car’s engine like mileage and how old it is.
FRVelion experts recommend you change the car engine’s oil every 10,000 to 15,000 km or if you use your car for regular purpose then you need to change the oil once a year. But if you use your car very less frequently then you need to change the engine oil for a car once every 2 years.
On the other hand, if you are using diesel engines then you need to change the oil every 7,000 km or about one to two times per year.
How to check the car engine oil?
FRVelion experts suggest you take the following things with you before checking the level of the car engine oil –
- Paper towel or the clean cloth
- A car should be parked on a level surface
- Disposable gloves (if needed)
- Firstly you should make sure that your car is parked on the level ground, then you need to wait for at least ten minutes just for letting the oil drain back into the sump.
- Then you need to raise and secure the bonnet, after that locate the oil level dipstick which is generally very easy to see and also to reach.
- Pull the dipstick out and then use a paper towel or the clean cloth to wipe the end clean. Then you have to replace it and make sure it goes all the way in before instantaneously lifting it out & then holding it in a horizontal position.
- Now you have to look at the end of the dipstick and then need to start inspecting it. Some of the vehicles have the textured area which generally represents the capacity of the oil pan while the others have the line marked ‘full’. The color of the oil is amber and it is very easy to inspect the level of the oil.
- Normal Oil Level – you just need to reinsert it when the oil level showed on the dipstick is normal.
- Low oil level or Dirty Oil – if the dipsticks show low oil level, then you need to touch the dipstick with the help of your two-finger and feel the texture of oil. If the oil is clean, then you just need to add the new oil using the funnel. But if the oil is dirty then you need to change the oil in the car as soon as possible.
When is the best time to check the car engine oil?
FRVelion experts recommend you to check the car engine oil level either before turning on the car’s engine or you should check 5 to 10 minutes after shutting down. So that you can have all the oil in the oil pan just to get accurate measurements.
How to change the car engine oil at home?
FRVelion experts say changing car engine oil is pretty easy and you can change it without getting too dirty. You will save money and also extend the car’s life by thousands of miles.
- Rubber Mallet
- Wrench Set
- Safety Glasses
- Engine Oil
- Container for used oil
- Oil filter gasket
- Oil filter
- You need to buy the “right oil and oil filter”.
- For extending the life of the oil, you need to buy the better quality filters if you go more than 3,000 miles but if you go around 3,000 miles than you can use economy oil filter.
- Now, pull the oil plug.
- For pulling the oil plug you need to jack up the car and then set the jack stands in a place then lower the car.
- After that unscrew the plug and rapidly pull it out & away from the oil stream. Now clean the drain plug and install a new gasket (if needed).
- Remove the oil filter
- Select the best oil filter wrenches.
- As for the different cars, oil filter wrenches work differently. You need to select the one that provides you the most room to maneuver.
- Now it’s time to add the fresh oil.
- Refill the oil with the help of the funnel and then recap the bottle before tossing it into the dustbin.
FRVelion experts recommend changing the car engine’s oil every 10,000 to 15,000 km. Also, they suggest checking the car engine oil level either before turning on the car’s engine or 5 to 10 minutes after shutting down. We have also seen in this article that it is not very difficult to replace the car’s engine oil yourself at home if you are very careful and also follow the instructions carefully!
FRVelion Recommendation: When should you change your Bike Engine oil?
Changing bike engine oil depends on the types of oil used by you during the last oil change.
- If you are using “mineral-based bike oil” for your bike then you need to change your bike engine oil after 2,000 miles. But in case you do not use your bike regularly, then you can change the oil at least twice a year.
- But if you are using the “semi-synthetic bike oil” then you have to change the bike engine oil after 5000 or 6000 miles.
- For those who are using the “fully-synthetic bike oil” can change the bike engine oil after 7000 to 10,000 miles.
However, if you travel long distances daily or uses your bike every day then you need to change your bike engine oil very frequently whether you’re using fully-synthetic. Semi-synthetic or mineral-based motor oil.
FRVelion Tips to Consider While Changing Bike Oil
Here FRVelion sharing some tips which you need to follow while changing your bike oil: –
Prepare for the Process
- Before changing the bike oil, gather all the things which you need for changing the bike oil. Things include the new oil filter, new engine oil, drain pan, measuring beaker, basic toolset, funnel, and cleaning need some spare rags.
- Before proceeding to the next step, keep sure your bike is on the center stand.
- Putting a bike on the center stand, it is easier for you to reach the bike engine and ensure the bike’s stability.
Used Oil Disposal
- The next step comes to the disposal of the used oil by draining it onto a drain pan carefully.
- Make sure to know where the is a valve from which the bike oil drained because different bike models have different valve locations.
- With the help of the wrench to remove the drain bolt and allow the used bike oil to run out.
- Now you need to tilt the bike at an angle of 45 degrees and hold the bike for some minutes.
- Repeat the same process again and again until you are sure that the used oil has been drained completely.
Replace with the new oil filter
- While removing the old oil filter be careful as during the process there may be ‘oil spillage’.
- Before replacing the old oil filter, rub a small amount of new oil on the new oil filter. Doing this process, it slides into the engine very smoothly, and also it will be easily removed in the next oil filter change.
Now pour the new Engine Oil
- Now you have to refer to the service manual that accompanied your motorbike then measure the bike oil needed in a beaker.
- Open the valve and place a funnel for aiding the flow of the engine oil.
- Now finally pour the fresh new oil into the engine and then start the without revving. You need to do this step as it will allow the new engine oil to circulate easily.
Car Engine Oil vs Bike Engine Oil
You all might have heard that not all oils are the same. This is very true when it comes to bike and car engine oils. For those who are riding bike newly, it might be tempting to them thinking changing bike engine oil is the same as changing car engine oil. Maybe you will think what is the difference after all oil is oil, but it is not like that using the wrong oil for your bike can seriously damage your bike. While pouring oil process may be the same but the formulation and the purpose of the oils are different.
Car Engine Oil
- Car engine oils contain the lubricity additives and viscosity modifiers that generally help to increase the car’s engine efficiency.
- Car engine oils also contain “detergent additives” whose ash content is relatively very high. If this is used in the bike engines then these will result in the formation of the deposits on the valve train as well as on the piston crowns.
Bike Engine Oil
- Bike engines have smaller sump than the car engines so their oil volume is also smaller.
- Bikes run at a higher RPM as compared with the car engines (sometimes double) and also have a higher operating temperature. High RPM use, smaller volume, and high temperature can put more strain on the engine oil, which is far more than the automotive applications.
Bike oils are formulated to manage the transmission, more precisely, the wet clutches found in most of the bikes. To protect the engines, the oil needs to be slippery enough, but not too slippery. This means they strike a perfect balance between the engine, clutch performance, and transmission protection. This is something that is generally not considered in the manufacturing of car engine oils.
In simple words, we can say that bike engine oils have different “Viscosity profile” as compared with the car engine oils because bike engine oils need to be thin when cold, just for the easier starting and for cold flow and it needs to be thick when hot just to maintain the adequate film strength.
According to the FRVelion, changing the bike engine oil depends on a variety of factors like if you are a hardcore rider and use mineral-based oil then you need to change the oil after 2000 or 3000 miles. As compared with the mineral-based oil synthetic motor oil last longer and you need to change the oil after 5000 to 6000 miles.
FRVelion suggests you to always check your bike’s oil level. Having a clean bike oil is good but maintaining the correct amount of the oil inside the crankcase is always better.
Also, make sure while changing the bike oil that there should be no leakages around, and properly check all the screws that they are tightened & unlikely to leak. With the help of the spare rags, clean any remaining bike oil from the surface of the bike.
Most of us in our daily communication we say like it is very easy to buy a vehicle like a car, bike, scooter, etc. but it becomes very difficult to maintain them and keep their engine always young. Any individual who has good knowledge about the fitness of an engine or an individual who loves their vehicle understands the importance of their maintenance. As we have so many times heard from our surrounding that for keeping the vehicle fit and fine it is very much important to maintain them.
As we are talking about the maintenance of vehicle many people underestimate the components that are very much essential for maintaining the vehicle engine that is engine oil. It is said that the engine is the main part of the vehicle which gives life to the vehicle. if an individual lacks in maintaining their engine then gradually they will be found that there is a lack in the performance of the vehicle. So, it very much important to have a good knowledge of the engine oils. The engine oils are called with the different kinds of names like a lubricant, motor oil, and lube oil.
History of Engine Oil
The very first time the engine oil was founded by the American John Ellis that is on the 6th of September 1866. He was the first person who founded a significate property of the crude oil that its lubricating properties. He became successful when he first tried engine oil in the steam engine. In his experiment, he discovers the oil from the crude oil which effectively lubricates it at very high temperatures.
Main Purpose of Engine Oil
As per FRVelion, the engine of any vehicle is a very complicated and crucial component. For manufacturing, any engine very deep research has been done and after that, a vehicle engine gets developed. For a kind of engine the engine oil work as the blood that means engine oil plays a vital role maintain the performance of the engine. FRVelion engine oil experts suggest that everyone should pay attention while purchasing the engine oil, we suggest you that always use the best engine oil for your vehicle so that your vehicle performs properly for a long time. FRVelion engine oil experts have suggested some advantages of Engine oil:
some advantages of Engine oil
- Engine Oil helps to reduce the combustion by-produce
- Engine Oil Lubricates the machine moving parts
- Engine Oil disintegrates heat away from the combustion chamber
- Engine Oil used to maximize the oxidation inside the engine
FRVelion engine oil expert’s suggestion for buying engine Oil
As we already discussed that before launching an engine oil in the market, they need to went through the different kinds of engineering tests. After testing this engine oils get the rating and this rating is provided by the SAE international. So, the user needs to buy the best-rated engine oil. FRVelion engine oil gets the best rating and these engines are suitable for the car engine, bike engine, truck engine, and many more vehicle engines. The SAE full-form is the Society of Automotive Engineers. It is an international organization that decides the rating and rule and regulation for the automotive parts. In the same way, the engine oils having the various ratings this rating depends on the running temperature, density, viscosity, and many different physical attributes.
Running Temperature: It is a maximum temperature at which the engine oil works efficiently.
Density: It is nothing but a measurement of compares the volume of the object.
Viscosity: Viscosity is the state of sticky, semi-fluid inconsistency and thick due to the internal friction.
Types of Engine Oils
The engine Oils divided into three categories and this because different kinds of automobiles engines require different kinds of engine oils. They are like:
- Synthetic Blend Engine Oil
- Mineral Engine Oil
- Fully Synthetic Oil
Synthetic Blend Engine Oil
About FRVelion Synthetic Blend Engine Oil
- This is the middle ground for the engine oil and it called semisynthetically.
- FRVelion Synthetic Blend Engine Oil has so many advantages over the mineral oils and it includes both mineral oil and synthetic oil.
- It has been discovering by FRVelion engine oil experts that it is very good in protecting the engine from wear.
- It also gives better protection during the cold starts.
FRVelion Mineral Engine Oil
- The mineral oils are the oldest among the three. This mineral oil was firstly used in 1908 in the Ford Model T’s engine.
- Mineral oils provide basic friction protection to the engine. Many of the new vehicles come out with mineral engine oil from the factory.
- Mineral engine oils are cheaper than the engine oils.
- Mineral engine oils are not good for running at high temperatures.
FRVelion Fully Synthetic Oil
- Fully synthetic engine oil is the latest engine oil technology.
- It provides the best fuel economy, refinement, and power.
- It is used to protect the engine from running wear and also controls the combustion by-products of the engine.
- The fully synthetic engine helps the motor engine in effortless cold starts & running in the high temperature.
After reading the above article it will make confuse regarding which engine oil will be good for your vehicle. But you no need to take tension FRVelion have a great expert team who will give the best and suitable engine oil for your vehicles.
Engine oil serves a few significant functions in the motor. Motor oil lubricates moving parts and operates the hydraulic actuators. While in this journey through the engine they removing the heat from the engine oil, besides it functions it is tending to shorten its lifespan. It depends on a lot of things like the quality of your car, quality of engine oil, road conditions, etc. To make definite your engine runs smoothly, it is important to guarantee that your engine oil is checked and changed regularly. Oil in a car is like blood in our bodies – it flows throughout the car’s engine and keeps everything running smoothly. The frequency for changing your car engine oil relies upon the car’s time of manufacture, its mileage, and what engine type (petroleum, diesel particulate filter, direct or indirect injection diesel) it is.
It is basic to change the engine oil as indicated by the dates or mileage showed by the automotive manufacturer or your mechanic. Something else, the engine may stop up or get harmed sooner, its exhibition will never again be ideal, and the vehicle will waste fuel.
What Does Car Engine Oil Do, Exactly?
Car Engine oil has various crucial purposes, anyway, basically Car Engine oil keeps the motor running easily. Car Engine oil contains many moving parts that can rub against one another making friction. This friction can harm portions of the Engine and cause them to wear all the more rapidly. On the off chance that the friction developed, at that point it would drastically hinder the running of the Engine creation is not so much productive but rather more prone to separate. Oil lubricates engine parts to friction and assistance keep the motor running smoothly.
Most of the current modern engine oils on the market are comprised of base oil and various added substances. The base oils’ primary reason for existing is to lubricate engine parts lessening friction while the additives stabilize the thickness of oil under differing temperatures, help break down debris inside the motor and shield car engine parts from consumption and wear. Extra time oils capacity to satisfy its role deteriorates that is the reason replacing your oil is one of the most significant parts of routine vehicle maintenance.
When to change Car Engine Oil?
car engine oil Change Intervals – Older Cars
Older cars have oil change intervals dependent on mileage, and have two maintenance schedules, one for vehicles driven in ” normal ” operation and another for those utilized in “serious service.” The below given arrangement contains operating your car under one or more of the following conditions:
- Essentially short trips (5 miles or less)
- Incredibly hot, cold, or dusty atmospheres
- Continued unpredictable driving
- Conveying overwhelming burdens or towing a trailer
If your vehicle uses falls under the serious assistance definition in your owner’s manual, maintain your car utilizing the more rigorous schedule. Nonetheless, on the off chance that you drive your vehicle under ordinary conditions, be careful about spending hard-earned cash on oil change administrations and other support work your vehicle may not need or advantage from.
car engine oil Change Intervals – Newer Cars
Most newer cars are equipped with oil-life checking systems that naturally decide when an oil change is required and advise you with a caution on the instrument panel. Early basic systems are time and mileage-based, yet current propelled plans investigate real vehicle working conditions to distinguish when the oil will start to debase. The proprietor’s and upkeep manuals for some more up to date vehicles take out “severe service” proposals by and large because the oil-life checking systems naturally abbreviates the oil change stretch when it recognizes hardcore activity.
At whatever point you have your Car’s oil changed; the administration specialist should reset the oil-life observing systems. On the off chance that you replace your oil, you can reset the framework by adhering to the directions in the vehicle proprietor’s manual.
Less continuous oil changes on more up to date motors make it fundamental that you check the oil level month to month and top it up as needed. While numerous engines will utilize not exactly a quart of oil between transforms, others can expend as much as a quart each 600 to 700 miles. Keeping up legitimate oil levels can assist you with dodging expensive vehicle fixes; motor wear or harm coming about because of low oil levels won’t be secured by your new-vehicle guarantee. Note that if you don’t put numerous miles on your car, most automakers suggest an oil change like clockwork, regardless of whether the support update has not gone ahead.
How to Change your Engine Oil?
- While checking the car engine oil level, ensure that your car is cold and on level ground.
- Open the bonnet and remove the dipstick and the oil filler top.
- Position your drain pan underneath the oil drain plug situated on the motor square.
- Unscrew the oil channel fitting and let the oil channel.
- At the point when all the oil has depleted, clean the oil channel plug, supplant the gasket, and screw the fitting back on.
- This activity is commonly untidy, so we suggest having clothes close by and wearing old attire.
Above we have discussed when and how a person can change the car engine oil. All basic information is discussed above. Please read it carefully.